Code of Ethics
Pet Cremation Code of Ethics
Paws & Remember recognizes our special obligation to pets, their families and the businesses that we serve. As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of the pets entrusted to us with dignity, respect and professional skill, throughout the death care memorial process.
- To honor the wishes of the family, and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality.
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of our pet loss services.
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet care options for our client families and our professional partners.
Paws & Remember:
- Will use a professionally approved identification procedure for the pet and its cremated remains until returned to the family.
- Will perform the cremation services according to the selected method of either Private, Partitioned, or Communal processes.
- When a private or a partitioned cremation is chosen, will return the cremated remains of the individual pet in the designated urn for delivery back to the family in a timely manner.
- When communal cremation is chosen, will arrange for disposition of the communal cremated remains in a dignified manner.